UCC Blood Drive
17th & 18th November from 12pm – 3:30pm in Aula Maxima, Main Campus.
Can You Give Blood?
If you answer no to all of the following questions, you are eligible to donate blood!
1. Are you under 18?
2. Are you aged 65 or over?
3. Do you weigh less than 7 stone 12 lbs (less than 50kgs) or more than 20 stone 6 lbs (130kgs)?
4. For women; are you pregnant or have you have you been pregnant in the past 12 months?
5. For men; have you ever had sex with another man, even once, even if you used a condom?
6. Have you had a tattoo or body piercing in the last 4 months?
7. Have you ever had a blood transfusion?
8. Have you spent one year or more in total/cumulatively in the UK* between 1980 and 1996, including living, working or on holidays?
9. Have you visited an area where there is a risk of West Nile Virus (such as Canada, the USA, parts of Europe, Israel, Ukraine or Russia) in the last 28 days?
10. Have you visited a tropical or a malarial country in the last 12 months?
11. Are you currently taking any medication other than the pill or HRT for the menopause?
The local IBTS Blood & Platelet Donor Clinic is located at St. Finbarr’s Hospital, Douglas Road, Cork.
The Blood Clinic Times are:
Monday: 3:30pm – 7:30pm (excluding Bank Holidays)
Tuesday: 3:30pm – 7:30pm
Wednesday: 11:30am – 2:30pm
Thursday: 3:30pm – 7:30pm
Here is the Bus Route to St. Finbarr’s from UCC